Friday, December 23, 2011

Good tidings I bring!

It’s finally here! Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I hope you are getting ready to perform your annual yule tide traditions! I can’t wait to eat Swedish meatballs, blast some Christmas music and of course help my brother rapidly sort through (seriously, running!) and pass out presents for opening. Out of all the traditions my family partakes in, my favorite is Christmas morning.

Every Christmas Day morning, I wake up at 5:30 (sometimes closer to 6 if I ‘accidentally’ hit the snooze button). And of course the rest of my siblings are supposed to bound out of bed with me, and venture downstairs to see what the big guy in red brought us. (Yes, I am twenty-three years old.) This has been going on for quite a while, and even though everyone always complains, I can tell they love it too. After ripping through our stockings, I can’t go back to bed, because the excitement of Santa’s gifts has pumped too much adrenaline and Christmas spirit into my veins. So I pop in “Meet Me in St. Louis” and wait for Judy Garland to sing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” And I think to myself…yes, I will have a merry little Christmas…

I hope you enjoy every tiny bit of this holiday, and that you get to spend it with the people you love. I give thanks for my wonderful family that I will be surrounded by this holiday.

Merry Christmas to all! And to all a…great couple days without work or diets!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...