Did you have a good Thanksgiving? I did too. We had lots of people at our new house. It was so busy we didn’t even get to do our usual routine of going around the room and saying what we are thankful for. So I’m going to do that right now…you know I love my lists…
1. I’m thankful for my parents, for putting up with me and letting me live with them in their new house until I get hitched next year.
2. I’m thankful for whoever invented a deep fat fryer because that turkey was delicious. I’m also thankful for my sister’s culinary skills without which I would’ve never had said delicious turkey. And if I’m going this far, I am thankful for the mama turkey that gave birth to the turkey that melted in my mouth. This is getting out of hand.
3. I’m thankful for it getting dark at 5:00pm, so when I drive home from work people can’t see me violently thrashing, singing, and making up hand gestures to “Defying Gravity” from the Broadway play Wicked. I should’ve never bought that soundtrack.
4. I’m thankful for Pinterest. Without it I would never find tons of sayings melded into magical pictures that change my life.
5. I’m thankful for my Manfriend, my Fi-Fi (short for fiancé…he doesn’t like that nickname very much…), who is always there for me, will always build me something, and will always fry me up some little smokies when the craving comes on.
6. I am thankful for my overpowering right brain. And my hands. If I couldn’t come up with new ideas or create something every day, I would die. Or I guess I would just be sitting behind a desk. There would be numbers. I would die.
7. I’m thankful for North Dakota. For it’s landscapes, people, and the lifestyle it inspires. Even though changes are happening, I hold on to the hope that it will prevail!
8. I am thankful for my sisters. Without them, there wouldn’t be sister trips. I need my sister trips.
9. Last but not least…I’m thankful for the life I’ve been blessed with and I’m pretty excited for many more awkward and weird years to come.
10. Shoot one more…I’m also thankful for lawn gnomes. Without them life would be boring and my garden would be bland. And I also would have to find something else to threaten the Manfriend with. (He thinks I’ll be a hoarder. I believe the correct term is COLLECTOR…HELLO.) Okay I’m done now.