Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn Spirit

As the weather gets cooler and the leaves start changing, I can’t help but get excited for H.T.C. time! (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas) And when I say excited, I mean I start countdowns, wear sweaters when it’s still 80 degrees outside and I blast Christmas music in my office. Yes, including Harry Potter Christmas music. It’s my favorite time of the year! Besides being surrounded by my wild family and finding all my presents under the tree and stacking them in “opening order” and eating my body weight in Swedish meatballs…something I really enjoy about the holidays is all the decorations!

Usually I get to so caught up with Christmas excitement, I forget to enjoy fall. I have to remind myself to slow down and crunch some leaves under my feet because before I know it, it will be 2012 and I’ll be stuck in a snow bank and the holidays will be over! So right now I’m taking a deep breath…in…and out…(thank you Pilates)...and going on the hunt for some really cool decorating ideas for fall. Who knows, maybe my Mum will let me go hog wild on the house and decorate!

I’ve started looking for pumpkin carving ideas and here are a few I’ve found that gets my Autumn spirit a dancing! Ol' Martha sure can carve a pumpkin:







All patterns from marthastewart.com

Now all I need is a nice crisp autumn evening, a couple giant pumpkins to carve and Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin playing on the tube. Happy carving!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...