Friday, December 21, 2012

Wonder of this Season

Wow. It’s December 21st. Where has the time gone? Between moving, making custom orders, traveling, and working I haven’t had time to do anything else. I haven’t even gotten to enjoy the Christmas season! I guess I can’t say that…whenever I drive to town and back I blare my Ultimate Christmas Favorites. That boys choir singing Little Drummer Boy is going to blow my speakers one of these days!


I don’t even know if I’m coming or going anymore. And that’s definitely not how this season is supposed to be spent. I haven’t even watched any of my favorite Christmas movies yet! UNHEARD OF!!! But I promised myself when things slow down, I will. When I get those three purses tooled, 14 cuffs riveted, and bazillion necklaces made…then I can watch The Family Stone. Or The Holiday. And I can’t leave out The Grinch.

It’s very sad to think this is what Christmas has turned into for me. When I was younger I would have my Christmas countdown started in July! Well I’m not going to let all the good tidings pass me by anymore! I’m going to slow down. Finally go out and take that picture of the frosty trees. Curl up in front of the fireplace. And actually wrap my presents instead of tossing them in a bag. Yes I’m going to enjoy this season because I wait all year for it to be here and then when it is, I ignore it.

Thus…I wish you a very slow, chestnut roasting, frosty braches, twinkling lights kind of holiday. Don’t let the wonder of this season rush by.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...